Friday, January 14, 2011

This makes it all worth it.

I LOVE capturing people baptisms and giving them pictures of the special moment.

But

Situations like this move me to tears


Alex.

Little sweet boy with brain cancer.

They let me know ahead of time that he had cancer, and this was an extra special kid.

His smile lit up the "room" and he had joy radiating from him.

He had Jesus radiating from him.

Reading all the comments about him on facebook gave me a little peak in to the great faith and love for Jesus that he had.

He inspired me to be better, do better and love better.

I always do the baptism pictures, and sneak off and head home. I like to get in and out because I dont like recognition of any kind. I am wierd like that i guess.

Well Alex's mom sent me a facebook note that touched my heart and made me happy to have the chance to do these baptism photos.

"I just want to tell you thank you so much for the photos you took of Alex,
You hold a special place in my heart, thank you for the prayers. "

Those kind of comments remind me that what I do is valued and even though I dont get a "thank you" from people, I know the pictures are treasured.




No comments:

Post a Comment