Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wow!

I just recently found some old journals from when I was depressed and addicted to drugs. They were very sad writings, poems and thoughts.
At a few points in my life I didn't care if I were to live or die, I felt no one cared, so it wouldnt make a difference.
Then there was a small glimmer of hope.

I worked at a tv station in Longview, and my boss John was instrumental in me changing my life. He cared. It was that simple. He just cared. He checked in at the school about how my grades were doing, he pushed me to always do better, and he told me he is always there for me if I ever needed to talk or anything. I felt at one time, I was worthless, but from him it slowly started changing.

I was still on the drugs and things but that glimmer of hope began to grow and eventually told my pastor about my drug problems, and from then on, by God's grace only, I was freed from drugs. I never touched it again.

There started my journey in my faith, and here I am now 8 years later going to be getting baptized soon and loving Jesus now more than ever before.

Again, I find it amazing how one man (or woman) can make such a huge mark on a persons life. I have a few people in my life like that, two for now are my grandpa (in my previous blog) and John. I thank God for them everyday still because I wouldnt be where I am and who I am if they didnt reach out to me and extend a hand of love.

Now on to me, thinking what they did for me, I need to think of how I can extend that hand to others and make this kind of a difference in someone else's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment