Monday, January 31, 2011

10 people I have met who inspire me the most (and why)

10 people I have met who inspire me the most (and why) IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

1) Pastor Tim:
We came from churches where the pastor did everything and went out to eat with everyone, and went to visit everyone. Church and God were melded in to the same priority. Not with pastor Tim. He really showed us, just through his life, where our priorities should be. God, Family, Church. If your family is not strong, your ministry wont be either. Plus he inspires me to be a better person each week through his messages at church. I went from knowing about Jesus to having a relationship with Him since coming to New Hope Church.

2) Alex:
Sweet little boy from my church that just went to Heaven after battling brain cancer. I did not really know him, but from the one time I met him and hearing everyone stories about him.....wow! He loved Jesus with all of his heart, and he always had a smile on his face. He never complained even in the midst of cancer. Alex inspires me to stop complaining!! Also to just love Jesus more and more everyday and to let more people know it!

3)My dad:
In the midst of any trial or tribulation my sweet daddio always brings out the positive.
When any bad situation arises he will seek out any shred of good that he can find and he will cling to that. He is and always has been an amazing dad and friend to me. He is not judgemental, he is honest and loving and fun and funny. He inspires me to be a more positive person.


4)Matthew:
He is my best friend, amazing husband and father. Matthew inspires me to work hard for the things I love. He works and works and works to take care of me and the kids, he works so that I can be at home and raise our children and not have to have daycare raise them. He also inspires me to learn new things. When he wants to do something, he does it, and if he doesnt know how, he learns how. Whatever he does, he does it well, or he doesnt do it at all.

5)
Glenda:
She is not only an amazing singer, but she is such a sweet sweet person. She inspires me to be a better friend, to always give a listening ear and to always bring everything to Jesus, to always look to the good. She inspires me to be a better person.

6)
Lauren:
She followed God's calling and is in Cambodia for a year. She packed up and left all that is familiar and safe and went to another country to do God's work and to help people in so many cool ways. She inspires me to listen to God and to go and do anything He says, no matter how big or scary or far or whatever it may be.

7)
George:
My father in law. Died of pancreatic cancer. He inspires me....... I learned that even in death you can glorify God, you can be humble, and you can teach people so many things. He inspires me to be strong, not only physically, but also to be strong in the Lord.

8)
My Kids:
They inspire me to be a better me. They inspire me to be a better person, mom and friend. They inspire me to always try harder and do better for their sake if not my own. Plus they make me laugh everyday

9)
My Grandma:
Inspires me to be a better wife. She always tells me to get off the phone and get the dishes done, or get that dinner made for hubby before he gets home. She always reminds me to take better care of the things that are important to me.

10)
Grandpa Bud:
His death brought me to Jesus......which led to an 8 year journey of learning what it means to have a relationship with Jesus. I dont know where i would be right now if it werent for my grandpa. He inspires me to tell people about Jesus. To share my faith more. To include Jesus in everyday conversations. and to always give all glory to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment