Friday, October 15, 2010

WOW........What a week.

So we had planned to go to Kemah for the weekend. We were going to go Friday right after school.

Well I was up getting Trevor ready for school and Matthews sister called. She asked to speak to Matthew and I knew George was gone.

He passed away early that morning.


Sooooo instead of a nice weekend, we went to Kemah for one night and then went from there to the airport. Got to Delaware very late Saturday, spent Sunday and Monday with Matthews mom, Tuesday was the viewing, burial and memorial and then spent Wednesday with Matthews mom and flew out Thursday.

I am TIRED!!



The viewing was very difficult. This whole thing didnt feel real. It just felt like George was at work the whole time and then seeing him at the viewing hit me like a ton of bricks. I just cant believe he is gone. I am happy to know where he is but just cant believe he is gone.................

The memorial went really well.
Matthew played the best I have ever heard him play.......... he makes me so proud. I dont know if I could do anything at my dads funeral but cry. He did so good. He did his dad proud.



I just have to thank every single person that was praying for us. Every single thing went perfectly, we cried and it was hard but we feel peace. I still cry thinking about it, but I am so thankful to have known George. He was such an amazing man.

No comments:

Post a Comment