Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Hate Cancer

That is basically it.
I hate cancer, I hate even hearing the word.

I automatically think the worst with cancer, it just scares me.

My grandpa had cancer, he battled it for a while, then it started spreading to his bladder, he went to have that removed and never made it out of the hospital. It was one of the most horrible expierence of my life. He was such an amazing man of God, I miss him, he was instrumental in my knowing Jesus.



Well now Matthew's dad has pancreatic cancer. It is in his pancreas, liver, and other places, he is getting fluid in his lungs and stomach now. It makes me so sad, but also so proud to call him my father in law. He is fighting this horrible disease tooth and nail. He is coming up on a year since his diagnosis, most people with that cancer dont live this long. He is living and working still. He is a proud, stubborn, strong, courageous man. I admire and respect him so much.


When you are having a hard time with anything in life, health, money, family, whatever it is, just be like Matthews dad. Rise above the situation, fight until you dont have any fight left in you, and just never give up. Dont succomb to becoming another statistic, God is not a God of statistics, with Him you can conquer and get through anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment